Success can be elusive, not to mention hard work.
We can feel as though we’re constantly striving to get there, but making little headway. We can feel as though the journey is a long one.
We can also feel overwhelmed and confused, and that’s OK. It’s normal.
Whenever we want something like a career change or a qualification it can seem daunting. It’s easy to slip into thinking that it’s all too hard, or we’re not good enough, or we’ll never get there.
The truth is that everyone feels that from time to time. Even the most successful people in the world.
The path to success is not linear. It’s more like climbing Everest. (Click to Tweet)
There are sections of hard slog, and then you reach a plateau. You admire the view, pat yourself on the back and catch your breath.
There are sections where you go downhill and it seems like your hard work is unravelling.
And there is a big chunk in the middle where it feels like you’ve come too far to turn back, but the end is not yet in sight.
At any of these points what we need is a little inspiration. A pep talk from someone who’s been there.
A motivation boost from someone who’s worked hard, journeyed far, and made a big difference.
Who better for that than Oprah Winfrey? She has humble beginnings, she’s faced adversity, and she’s come out shining.
Here are her top 10 rules for success to help you aim for the stars, achieve your goals and change your life.
Oprah’s Top 10 Rules for Success are:
- Understand the next right move. (Click to Tweet)
- Seize your opportunity.
- Everyone makes mistakes. (Click to Tweet)
- Work on yourself.
- Run the race as hard as you can.
- We are all seeking the same thing.
- Find your purpose.
- Stay grounded.
- Relax, it’s going to be okay. (Click to Tweet)
Sam has experience in public and private sector organisations across Australia and has been with Kool Kids Training College since 2014.
Latest posts by Sam Hendry (see all)
- STRATEGIES FOR TRAINEE SUPPORT DURING COVID-19 - April 1, 2020
- With Great Qualifications Come Great Opportunities – In Great States! - February 6, 2020
- How To Build A Childcare Team You Can Be Proud Of - September 2, 2019